The mission of NWAG is to serve our local community as well as our country Nigeria, through empowerment, cultural enrichment, and education of women, youth and children, thereby fostering togetherness and excellence in our collective pursuits.
The Empowerment of Women, Youth and Children
Selfless Service, Strong Commitment and Teamwork
Mutual Respect, Integrity, and Excellence in our Pursuits
Honest and Open Communication
That A Trusting Environment Strengthens and Encourages Its Members
Promoting Nigerian Culture
Welcome to the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia, (NWAG) website - a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization registered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Our mission is to empower women, youth and children here in our community and in our home country, Nigeria. As at 2013, NWAG has successfully
· Awarded a one-time, one year scholarship to 369 female students in Nigeria
· Awarded 38 students in the USA
· Shipped over $1m (one million) dollars worth of medical supplies to various states in Nigeria
· NWAG supports ten orphanages with their nutritional program all across Nigeria
· NWAG annually support the Atlanta Community Food Bank, Hosea Feed the Hungry, International Women’s House, MedShare International Women’s House, Sickle Cell Foundation and Southside Medical Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
These initiatives have been made possible through the dedicated and tireless efforts of our members and the generous support of our sponsors and partners. We encourage you to support our work by becoming a sponsor, as no financial contribution is too small. You can support any of our projects by clicking on “Special Projects”... there are various programs you could donate to. To make your tax deductible donation, click on the link that says “Donate”.
Thank you and God bless!
Abby F. Ebodaghe